The aim of this research line is to study and apply the techniques of Computational Intelligence in the solution of problems related to decision makings, aiming at developing and implementing products and systems to be used in different sectors in our location.
- Implementation of Statistics and Data Mining Techniques in the Business, Academic and Government Processes to Decision Making.
- Development of Methodologies and Innovation in Discrete Event System Simulation.
The main objective of this research line is to model/implement heuristic algorithms that generate approximate solutions and exact algorithms, which use concepts of Mathematical Programming and Graphs to solve Combinatorial Optimization problems.
- Development, implementation, and comparison of methodologies for assessing quality in service.
- Operations Management and Business Logistics.
- Techniques of Combinatorial Optimization Applied in the Solution of Problems in the North Region of Rio de Janeiro State.